UPDATE: A loyal reader pointed us in the direction of this post from a Cheesman Park neighborhood association that confirmed President Obama would speak at 10:15 a.m. So, there you have it PeakNation™, all of the available options below would get Sen. Udall back to Colorado in time to hear his BFF speak. So, can we all acknowledge that Udall just doesn’t want to appear with Obama?
We’re not complete monsters over here at the Peak, so when we heard the breaking news that Sen. Mark Udall would not be able to see his best buddy President Obama speak in Denver our shrunken hearts grew three times larger. We passed a hat around the office and we’re pleased to say we’ve raised enough money to get Udall a one-way ticket from the Washington, D.C. area that will put him back in Denver in time to see Obama speak.
Now, of course, we haven’t completely changed, we still think a one-size fits all mentality is a barbarous way to live, so let’s lay out all the options Udall has for getting back before Obama starts speaking:
- Starting at 6:00 p.m., Udall could take a Southwest flight out of Reagan that would put him in Denver by 9:30 p.m.
- An almost identical Southwest flight leaves from Reagan at 6:40 p.m. and gets Udall into Denver by 10:30 p.m.
- If Udall is still occupied at those times, there is always an 8:45 p.m. direct Southwest flight from Baltimore that gets him in by 10:45 p.m. Sure, some staffer will have to drive Udall the 45 minutes to BWI, but it’s not like that staffer is getting paid to actually get legislation passed.
- Now, if things are really crazy during lobbyist cocktail hour votes, there is a direct United flight that leaves Dulles at 10:10 p.m. and gets Udall into Denver by 11:53 p.m.
We also understand, not everyone is a night person, so here are some morning options for Udall:
- A 5:15 a.m. US Airways flight from Baltimore will put Udall in Denver by 9:06 a.m.
- A 5:40 a.m. US Airways flight from Reagan will put Udall in Denver at 9:06 a.m.
- A 7:19 a.m. direct United flight from Baltimore will put Udall in Denver at 9:07 a.m.
- A 6:00 a.m. Delta flight from Reagan will put Udall in Denver at 9:47 a.m. This is cutting it a little closer to Obama’s speech time, but worst-case scenario, Udall could still catch part of it.
- A direct 6:00 a.m. Southwest flight from Dulles will get Udall in at 7:45 a.m., which would probably be even enough time to grab breakfast with Obama.
Udall, just have one of your people reach out to us to let us know which one of these nine options we can get for so you can get back in time to see your best friend Obama’s speech. Hell, Obama himself is flying out here Tuesday night on his own private jet; you sure you haven’t checked with him to hitch a ride? It’s the least he can do for you after you’ve rubberstamped his entire agenda.