The Western Slope gave an early indication of who they like for the Republican nominee for governor.
Treasurer Walker Stapleton won a Grand Junction straw poll last week following the GOP debate with 45 percent of the support.
There were a total of 78 votes cast, here’s the breakdown:
- 35 Treasurer Walker Stapleton
- 16 Parker Mayor Greg Lopez
- 9 Former U.S. Rep. Tom Tancredo
- 8 Businessman Victor Mitchell
- 5 Businessman Doug Robinson
- 3 Attorney General Cynthia Coffman
- 2 Steve Barlock
Colorado Politics reminds us this is the first straw poll since Tancredo and Coffman jumped into the race.
That Weld County contest in November gave Stapleton the win with the same share of votes.