Last week, a left wing blogger and Democrat activist in Grand Junction paid $265 to display an electronic billboard that simply displayed the letters GOP, but substituted the communist hammer and sickle for the letter O. So clever…and eye-roll worthy.
As Democrats come to terms with the election of 2016, that pesky fact that they cannot remove this democratically-elected president, and now that he has steamrolled much of Obama’s signature legislation/mandates, they’re becoming ever more unhinged.
This episode in Grand Junction is just the latest way that they are lashing out, like a wounded animal cowered in the corner. It doesn’t matter that their actions are ineffective. It doesn’t even matter if their arguments are nonsensical, like these links to communism. In the words of a young Ronald Reagan “The problem with our liberal friends is not that they’re ignorant, it’s just that they know so much that isn’t so.”
So what does that hammer and sickle, with which a Democrat hack in Grand Junction decorated a billboard, actually symbolize? Many values exposed by the modern Democrat party in America. No, really.
- Which party is calling for universal healthcare – a bedrock tenant of communism?
- Which party is calling for universal jobs – a bedrock tenant of communism?
- Which party is calling for universal basic income – a bedrock tenant of communism?
- Which party is calling for the removal from jobs for people who do not profess the same views – a bedrock tenant of communism?
- Which party is encouraging the social and economic isolation of those who do not think the same way that they do – a bedrock tenant of communism?
- Which party is calling for every reference to God and Christianity to be stripped from our schools and public institutions – a bedrock tenant of communism?
- Which party is calling for the restriction of firearms ownership – a bedrock tenant of communism?
- Which party’s president, leaned in and gently placed his hand on the president of Russia and said that after the 2012 election he will “have more flexibility” about dialing back our commitment to air defense systems in Europe?
- Which party’s president arrogantly smirked at Mitt Romney during a presidential debate, citing the candidate’s assertion that Russia was the USA’s greatest foreign policy threat, saying “the 1980s are asking for their foreign policy back?”
- Which party’s presidential candidate, acting like a stooge for Putin, handed a cheap toy to the Russian Foreign Minister laughing hysterically that she and President Obama wanted to reset their relationship with Russia?
So as we ramp us the 2018 campaign season in Colorado, the next time some some confused Democrat confronts you with these bizarre-o claims of ties to Russia, just trot out these replies, and think to yourself with the Christian spirit of forgiveness those words of Reagan “…it’s just that they know so much that isn’t so.”