As this is a political blog, we lack the expertise (and sources) to fully explain the implications and background to yesterday's assault on bin Laden's compound. To help our readers better understand the situation, we have compiled a roundup of links of some of the best coverage and analysis available. Click on the author's name to see the article.
- Steve Coll: Background into the operation and its implications (Author of Ghost Wars: The Secret History of the CIA, Afghanistan, and Bin Laden, from the Soviet Invasion to September 10, 2001)
- Marc Ambinder: Profile of team that killed bin Laden (National Security and Politics Journalist at National Journal)
- Jeremy Scahill : Background on JSOC — the Joint Special Operations Command, responsible for death of bin Laden (Investigative Journalist)
- Jake Tapper : How the operation almost happened in March (ABC News White House Correspondent)
- @ReallyVirtual : IT consultant living in Abbottabad, who (unknowingly) tweeted the attack live
- Mike Allen : Tick-tock of how the operation went down (well connected Politico correspondent)