On January 25th, 2012 Representative Laura Bradford was pulled over for erratic driving which quickly escalated into a poorly handled DUI by Denver Police. Since then the story has switched over to a huge ethics investigation and many misleading news stories. Here is a little more credible inside information you have not heard in any other media story.
On January 30th, 2012 prior to Bradford's apology she agreed with Leadership to the following:
- agreed to ethics hearing and investigation
- agreed to pre-determined punishment (removed from committee was one of these)
- agreed to get alcohol treatment
Fast forward two days later after the Denver Police apologized for not placing Bradford in cuffs but still failing the roadside sobriety test you get Bradford suddenly going rogue and denying all charges against her. So what did she apologize for to begin with??? Getting caught? Embarrassment for drinking and driving? Invoking legislative privilege by her answers of coming from a legislative drinking function and has to be at another in the morning? Many will disagree with the last question but is important to note because law enforcement always ask this question during a DUI stop! Don't forget the special privilege plate our lawmakers place on their personal vehicles that recognize them as such! So VetTheGov understands how the Denver Police Department could misinterpret Bradford's answer of invoking the privilege. Also don't forget she had to take a cab ride home because she was unfit in the officer's opinion to drive and still there is that lurking gun charge hanging around as well!
Frank McNulty considered resigning from the his leadership position in order to keep the Dems from gaining any advantage to push their bills through. One Democrat legislature was so hoping this would happen and was very arrogant in his comment to House Republicans stating that by Bradford defecting would allow the clear passage of every Democrat Bill without any recourse or blocking from Republicans.
The upcoming panel investigating the event will have subpoena powers that will get the information we are all hoping and waiting for!!!
- DUI roadside sobriety test results from the officer that administered them, although this should already be public information.
- Bartender and waitress that served the group.
- Colorado Senator Jean White who was out with Bradford along with her husband Al White who was appointed by Gov. Hickenlooper as Director of Tourism and currently serving this role.
- Doug Dean Director of Public Utility Commission.
- More in the drinking club to be determined.
- The Bar Tab and who paid and how many drinks were consumed and sold.
Just a few items listed and maybe just maybe some surprise information will come to light. There is no doubt Bradford's days are numbered politically as this incident has ruined any chance of getting re-elected and possibly continuing as a legislature! The damage done however will continue for some time as this was the last thing the GOP needed this year. VetTheGov is hoping and praying Bradford chooses help before any more damage can be inflicted on herself or others!