This week is officially the beginning of the end of primary season as primary ballots go out in the mail. While many Republican contests across the state are still up for grabs, none are bigger than the GOP race for governor.
Here is some basic information on the important dates for the primary:
- May 23: Last day to change their affiliation in time for the primaries (ooops, you’re too late!).
- June 16: Last day to submit an electronic change of address form or for a county clerk to receive a change of address
form by mail.
- June 17: Last day to file an absentee ballot application to receive the absentee ballot by mail.
- June 20: Last day to request an in-person absentee ballot.
- June 24: Primary election day. All ballots must be received by the county clerk by 7:00 p.m.
Need more info? Check out the Secretary of State’s Go Vote Colorado site.
Good luck to all candidates, and in the immortal words of The Hunger Games, may the odds be ever in your favor.