Tomorrow, July 29, Americans for Prosperity will co-host a rally at Lincoln Park to protest the latest Environmental Protection Agency’s “far-reaching and controversial” new emission regulations. The event will be at Lincoln Park in Denver from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. The event promises a star-studded line-up, including:
- Former Congressman Bob Beauprez
- State Rep. Ray Scott – NW CO legislator (Mesa County)
- Dustin Zvonek – Americans for Prosperity
- Michael Sandoval – Independence Institute
- Ray Beck – Craig City Council/Club 20
- Frank Moe – Craig, CO businessman
- Mary Frontczak – Peabody Energy
- Tony Gagliardi – NFIB Colorado-Wyoming
- Jess La Buff – Boilermakers Montana
- Jason Dean Small – Boilermakers Montana
- Greg Kohn – Montana Chamber of Commerce
- Mark Gordon – Wyoming State Treasurer
- Bill Schilling – Wyoming Business Alliance
- Kim Floyd – AFL-CIO Wyoming
This issue promises to have an impact on families across Colorado. We railed against the EPA’s attempts at a listening tour on this issue back in October for the following reasons:
- The “townhalls” were occurring in places that didn’t produce coal (e.g., San Francisco).
- The proposed regulations would increase energy costs for the middle class.
- The regulations would kill jobs in the coal industry, which employs some 750,000 through the country.
Come out to show your support for Colorado’s middle class tomorrow.