An astute reader sent us a recently-received mailer from the Colorado Dems on behalf of Andrew Romanoff. It doesn’t say anything of substance about Romanoff…unless that substance is bacon. Then, it says a lot. Just check it out:
Here are five reasons this mailer is less than effective (even though we love bacon, too):
1) Who doesn’t love bacon? Practically nobody (well, except those keeping kosher, which we understand). Who doesn’t love Romanoff? At least 51%. It’s probably not best to put such a political opportunist next to something so endearing – the contrast is just so stark.
2) The mailer suggests that voting is hold-your-nose worthy. Maybe voting for Romanoff is, but we know a lot of Republicans who are really excited about voting for his opponent, Mike Coffman.
3) Aligning Romanoff with pork is probably a bad idea since he’s desperately trying to flee from his big tax ways.4) Just another sign that Romanoff has capitulated the all important “vegan” vote.5) This just adds to the Colorado voters’ perception that Romanoff is a single-issue campaigner: breakfast.But, we heard Romanoff is probably looking for a new gig. Maybe restauranteur would be up his alley. That way, he could send out all the bacon and cookie mailers he wanted.
4) Just another sign that Romanoff has capitulated the all important “vegan” vote.
5) This just adds to the Colorado voters’ perception that Romanoff is a single-issue campaigner: breakfast.