This is the last weekend before Christmas, PeakNation, and we expect that you’re
picking up those final Christmas gifts thinking about starting Christmas shopping. Because we love you, we’ve compiled a list of suggested Christmas gifts for your favorite conservative. We know that all the Democrats who read this blog (you know who you are) will thank us. This year, we’ve also included local options (in red) because we know how much Coloradans like to buy locally. Yay small business! Yay entrepreneurs!
Feel free to add your own suggestions as well.
- Obamacare Board Game (Etsy, $18.50) – As the Etsy listing asks, “Washington is already playing games with your health insurance. Why can’t you?”
- Special Edition George HW Bush Socks (gop.com, $41) – Because who doesn’t think President Bush (41)’s socks aren’t bad ass? We actually like the original version better.
- Elephant Christmas Ornament (christmas-treasures.com, $12.99) – What better way to commemorate 2014’s ass-whopping by Republicans than with a Christmas ornament?
- Confucius Never Said (Amazon, $13.50 – free for Kindle!) – Read Coloradan Helen Raleigh’s book that chronicles four generations of Raleigh’s family from “repression and poverty in China to prosperity in the United States”. Don’t be cheap, buy the paperback version, support a local conservative writer.
- Memberships, Memberships, Memberships – An easy, last-minute gift for any Republican is a membership to one of the various media outlets or organizations that support Republican principles. Consider an NRA membership (various price points starting at $35), a Rush 24/7 membership ($49.95 + $4.95 S&H), or a Glenn Beck membership (one year, $54.95).
- Firearms Training – Consider sending your loved one to fire arms training at BlueCore Shooting Center in Lakewood (classes start at $35). Other options to consider include the Centennial Gun Club or one of many found in the NRA directory of Colorado.
- O’Reilly’s “Killing Patton” book (Amazon, $15.41 Hardcover) – From Amazon’s description: Readers around the world have thrilled to Killing Lincoln, Killing Kennedy, and Killing Jesus–riveting works of nonfiction that journey into the heart of the most famous murders in history. Now from Bill O’Reilly, anchor of The O’Reilly Factor, comes the most epic book of all in this multimillion-selling series: Killing Patton.
- Leadership Program of the Rockies Retreat Ticket (More info: http://www.leadershipprogramretreat.com/) – Each year, LPR brings in some of the most sought-after speakers to engage and inspire conservatives throughout Colorado and beyond. Don’t miss it!
- Coyote Gold Tequila (prices vary, check your local liquor store) – Former Congressman Bob Schaffer’s wife, Maureen, is a co-founder of this local company. Supporting Republican businesses while drinking tequila? Bring us another round.
- Men’s Republican Accessories – Let’s face it, one can never have too many patriotic ties ($85), flag belts ($49.50), or elephant cufflinks ($99).
- Krauthammer’s “Things That Matter” book (Amazon, $17.13 Hardcover) – Yes, we know, it actually came out last year, but Charles Krauthammer is pretty outstanding, and if your conservative has not yet read the book, he or she should.
- Dana Loesch’s “Hands Off My Gun” book (Amazon, $13 Hardcover) – Loesch, who hosts her show Dana on Glenn Beck’s The BlazeTV, provides an overview of why Second Amendment violations are problematic, which should be a good read for any Coloradan since our state was ground zero for the 2013 Gun Grab.