Colorado Politics journalist Joey Bunch makes a strong case for why U.S. Senate candidate John Hickenlooper could lose the Democratic primary to Andrew Romanoff unless he shuts the Hell up.
“When you consider his history of flubs, perhaps silence is the golden ticket to Washington for the former governor sitting on a mountain of campaign cash,” Bunch wrote.
We’re not just talking about ducking a subpoena to testify at his own ethics trial where he was found guilty on two charges.
What is seriously dogging the former governor is his inability to talk about race without sticking his white privileged foot in his mouth to make idiotic statements.
These aren’t comments Hickenlooper made back in the 1970s, like when Joe Biden led the effort to stop desegregation in schools.
We’re talking about flubs Hickenlooper made in the last few weeks or stretch back over this decade, and here are the top five:
1. Being a politician and forced to attend ritzy fundraisers is just like being a slave beaten with whips on a slave ship.
“If I was to describe a scheduler, a political scheduler, imagine an ancient slave ship, with the guy with the whip, and you’re rowing. We elected officials are the ones that are rowing.”
2. In 2009 on “Democracy Now,” Hickenlooper was searching for a comparable problem to climate change, and came up with this:
“It reminds me a little bit of slavery.”
3. As recently as January, Hickenlooper stumbled through the acronym for the NAACP, that’s the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, when he appeared on the Brother Jeff Facebook show.
Hickenlooper mangled the first word so badly no one could decipher what he was trying to say, but it wasn’t “National.”
He called it the “(Inaudible) American Advancement of Colored People.”
There really is no excuse for not knowing the name of this historical organization.
4. Protestors are demonstrating in major cities including Denver and across the U.S. this month after a Minnesota police officer kneeled on George Floyd’s neck for nearly nine minutes.
Hickenlooper recounted in a debate a few weeks ago how Floyd was “shot.”
5. Remember when Joe Biden was taken to task for calling Barack Obama “articulate” back in 2007 and the New York Times took him to task?
John Hickenlooper, while at an event earlier this year with a group of black pastors, said they were “so articulate”
The video, which has not been previously reported on, comes as Hickenlooper is seeking the Democratic nomination for a U.S. Senate seat in Colorado pic.twitter.com/RlxmvKpJC5
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) September 10, 2019