Colorado’s Democratic U.S. Sen. Michael Bennet made CNN’s top 10 list of Senate seats most likely to flip in 2022.
What makes Bennet so vulnerable in a state under siege by the Democrat Party?
The Democrat didn’t face much of a challenge in 2016, with observers writing off his race well before it was over. But in the end he won reelection only by about 6 points. And although Colorado has trended more blue in the last six years, Bennet’s relatively close 2016 margin is a reason not to move this race off the list quite yet.
Bennet ranked #10 in CNN’s list:
- Republican Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania
- Democrat Raphael Warnock of Georgia
- Republican Ron Johnson of Wisconsin
- Republican Richard Burr of North Carolina
- Democrat Mark Kelly of Arizona
- Democrat Catherine Cortez Masto of Nevada
- Democrat Maggie Hassan of New Hampshire
- Retiring Republican Rob Portman of Ohio
- Republican Marco Rubio of Florida
- Democrat Michael Bennet of Colorado
If CNN believes Colorado’s seat will remain in Democrat hands, their prediction suggests they see Bennet as a weak senator and candidate who isn’t very popular within his own party.